Regulations related to Exporting Used Cars

An owner of a registered motor vehicle who intends to export the motor vehicle is required to apply for temporary registration of export erasure and to obtain a certificate of temporary registration of export erasure (Article 15-2 of the Road Vehicles Act).

In addition, the owner of (i) a vehicle that has been registered for temporary termination of registration, and (ii) a light motor vehicle subject to inspection or a small motor vehicle on two wheels (excluding those “specified by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism“) is required to submit a notification of planned export and obtain a certificate of planned export (Article 16, Paragraph 4, and Article 69-2, Paragraph 3) when intending to export.

Please contact us if you have any questions.